OK, a lot of website/ blog owners have a little bit of personal information about them somewhere on their sites. This is mine. I know. You’re thinking “she’s much too beautiful to be true”. I get that a lot. But I am also a mature, compassionate, dedicated tree-hugger and do what I can for the unfortunate slugs of society, like the homeless who live under our freeway overpasses. I bake oatmeal cookies and knit warm afghans and deliver these things to them.
Two really swell daughters. Five grandchildren. (Ta-Dah!) Sure can’t forget the newest kidlet……my first Great-Granddaughter, Ms. Nola Grace Q. who just turned one year old a couple of weeks ago. She is extraordinarily, spectacularily gorgeous and has inherited all the grey matter contained in her parent’s heads, her grandparent’s heads and most definitely……her Great-Grandmother’s huge head. [It's hard to be humble] MizKitty has one daughter, Jennifer, 32, she’s Grandma’s li’l peach. Kitty is a Website Designer extraordinaire.
And the other daughter is Kelly, who has four kidlets and lives in Florida. There’s Jessica, just married a bit ago and attending Law School. [First lawyer in the family!] Ben, the oldest, is a sophomore at Notre Dame, there on a football scholarship. Kelly is a teacher, she loves kindergartner size rugrats. I spent a day in her classroom once. Once was more than enough. Being stuck in a room full of five-year-olds every day would be my idea of Hell.
“I don’t belong to any organized political party, I’m a Democrat” (Will Rogers)
- Member of Women in the Air Force (WAF), U.S. Air Force. From late 1949 to 6 mos. pregnant 1954.
- Divorced in 1980, Had a really swell career with the CIA. Retired in 1993.
- Volunteered a couple days a week at our great big hospital and big beautiful U.S. Humane Society shelter in Milwaukee. Like animals better than people sometimes.
- My cat, Rambo, R.I.P — A real He-Man Tabby Guy.
- May 2008 — Snickers moved in. Snickers is a pretty girlie-girl and carries about 99% ‘Maine Coon’ genes. She is (in her own mind) a Princess.
- My shiny new DSL–TV, broadband, DVR, 626 or so channels, Video on Demand, and Stuff I will probably never understand how to use…..
- Milwaukee’s Humane Society. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals — Humane Society of the U.S. — Defenders of Wildlife Org, Sierra Club,
- Singers — Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Il Divo, Dido, Sarah McLaughlin and many more ~~~Andre Rieu & Strauss Symphony Orchestra
- My granddogs, Lucy and Rosie– & my grandcats, Ruby & Kingston, who, much to their surprise about a year ago, got a big lanky loving sister named “Doris” [Dorie] — a Greyhound rescued and adopted by Jennie & Brian from yet another defunct race track —- Slowly but surely these gambling dog race venues are rapidly becoming extinct in the U.S. Hallelujah. Another victory in the ending of all exploitation of our domestic pets!!
- “All My Children” soap opera [I've been watching this show faithfully since 1980. Oy. Maybe I should "get a life", eh?]
- Authors Robin Cook, Michael Palmer, Tess Gerritsen, Peter Clement, James Patterson, John Grisham, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy, Patricia Cornwell, James Grippando, Lisa Scottoline, Janet Evanovich, Harlan Coben, Diane Mott-Davidson, Lilian Jackson-Braun — and so on and so on.
- My NYTimes Sunday Crossword puzzles. I am so goldarn good I work the puzzles in ink.
Pro-choice, animal welfare activist, environmental kook, fanatic feminist. Just an all-around good kid.